Building plans

South Africa Home Talk

Building plans

South Africa Home Talk
September 20, 2017, 11:55:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please remember to leave your tips here today!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claiming back some space  (Read 4183 times)
LeonDude
Administrator

If you fail to plan - you plan to fail.

View Profile Email
« on: July 18, 2011, 07:38:09 am »

Just how much space can you get when getting rid of junk in the garage?

I am in the process of moving home, and was amazed at the amount of junk I threw out. Going through the garage and packing away the tools and stuff, I started finding things that I never even remembered having. Honestly, if I had needed some of this stuff I would have gone out and bought new ones, instead of thinking that Iíve got some of it, brand new, in the garage.
These items included things like curtain pelmets, those steel strips that connect ceiling boards together, pieces of ceiling boards and loads and loads of old paint tins, all of them with rock hard contents!
Between my two storage spaces I threw out two whole trailers full of trash, stuff that had simply been taken to the garage and left there.
Just think, in a house of 120 square meters, that was about 4 square meters worth of trash, so obviously a huge waste of space. Yeah ok Iíll admit, most of that stuff was hidden behind cupboards and toolboxes in the garage!

I think it can be a valuable challenge to pick a day out of the year to carry everything out of the garage and then be very careful when taking the stuff back. Leave out those empty paint tins and bag of rock Ė hard cement, and see how much space you can claim back in your life.

My new book 'Serenity' is now out on Kindle and Paperback, available from Amazon!
Check out my website at leondekock.com to find out more about my books.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: